Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Words can not describe

I am not a word smith by any means. I like to write and read but I am not eloquent at all. Sometimes I will even make up words when I can't think of the real word I need to use. I get laughed at and smiled sweetly upon when I use words incorrectly. I do not believe that I am the S word, I just don't believe that speaking plain simple English is a gift of mine. And now in this moment, I wish it was. I wish I had the words to paint the picture of what I took part in last night. It was amazing. It was beautiful. And it was all about my God and His grace and mercy and healing that He has showed on a sweet adorable little girl named Susannah. You really just must read the full story at Room For At Least One More (see left side bar for link). God just really showed up! He just swept in and reminded us all what HE CAN DO! He restored our faith and brought us in close to say, "See, look what I can do!" We so often get wrapped up in our daily lives of mundane tasks and To Do lists. We get wrapped up in doing this and doing that for our church thinking we are doing something for God. But as we were all reminded yesterday, He really just wants us. He wants us to worship HIM and pray to HIM and talk to HIM and just spend time in His strong waiting arms. He wants us to run to Him and KNOW that He is the one, the only one, that can calm our storms and bring us peace and restoration. And last night as I stood and watched a family be reunited and a little girl hold her brothers hands for the first time, yet like they had been together forever, I remembered who HE was and is in our lives. And went home singing to myself "Praise God from whom all blessings flow . . . ". He is an amazing God! And He is going to continue to do such great things if we only ask him to believing that He will. He loves us so much! And He is so worthy of praise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teri,
I shared this morning at Bible study that I got to witness a miracle on the internet. I was blown away by how quickly God worked in this family. Keeping them in prayer.
Angie Smith