Thursday, September 4, 2008

Which came first . . .

This is how the conversation went on the way home from church last night . . .

Sophia: Dawson, did you know that God created the workers that build the houses?

Dawson : Yes (sigh)

Sophia: Dawson, did you know that God created all the grass and flowers and stuff?

Dawson: Yes (bigger sigh)

Sophia: Dawson, did you know that God created all the food we eat?

Dawson: Well, Sophia, he didn't really create all the food. He creates the animals then we eat them.

Sophia: No, Dawson, God gave us hamburgers.

Dawson: (sigh, slight smirk) No actually Sophia God gave us the cow and we kill it and then we eat hamburgers.

Sophia: No, Dawson, God gives us the hamburgers. How would we kill a cow anyway?

Dawson: Probably with a gun. And then we cut it up to make hamburgers.

Sophia: No, DAWSON, God gives us the hamburgers. We don't kill animals to eat.

Dawson: We kill the cows. God gave us cows.

Sophia: God gave us hamburgers.

Dawson: We kill the cows to make the hamburgers.

Sophia: No, God gives us hamburgers.

on . . . and on . . .and on

Mama: Dawson, just let God give us the hamburgers please.

2 comments:

Big Nanny said...

Like Sophia, I prefer to think that God gave us hamburgers.

Ashley said...

In Middle School I learned the hard way how we get hamburgers ( I realize I knew before that but my grandpa went and bought cows and then we earned the money from their sale for college when they sold... I thought they went to another loving family farm... my grandpa informed me McDonalds) I have not had a hamburger since Middle School!!!