Thursday, September 11, 2008

Brandon

This is my Brandon. As most teenagers do, he finds it odd and annoying that I blog. He has joined the club of "only old people blog". I try to defend myself in the fact that I am a cool, hip, young and fresh blogger , and besides that I have a Facebook. He still says I am wierd and that there is no need to blog about him. Of course, if you are a parent of a teenager, this is an open invitation to torture your teen. We "old" parents have to have our small joys in life. :-)
Brandon is 16 and a junior in high school! We don't see him as much as we used to, or we would like to. But even though I am getting old, I do remember being a teenager and enjoying that new found freedom of a job and a car and going where you wanted (within curfew and preset rules). He is an excellent student, and a hard worker (you can see him at Snappy Tomato 4-5 days a week)! I wanted to write a blog with stories about what a sweet and sensitive son he is, and what an amazing big brother he has become! And how I cherish him and will miss him when he graduates. But I didn't want to embarass him with the stories of how caring and compassionate he can really be. And how I admire how much he loves Jesus and how he worships Him with complete abandon. These are the things I wanted to say, but didn't want to make him blush. So if you know my Brandon and see him, you can just say that you read his old mom's blog and she said how great he was! Thanks!



No comments: