Monday, August 18, 2008

What is blog worthy today?

This weekend was just kind of a hang out and chill kind of Stahly weekend. No earth shattering stories. No side hurting tales of humorous child outbursts. Just a low key, yet busy, weekend.
Friday, we attended a surprise birthday party Friday night for a few hours, and watched the Phelp Olympics.
Saturday, we hung out around the house watching the Olympics. We attempted to get Gracie's 1 year photos taken. Yes, she is almost 15 months old. Yes, she is the fourth child. Yes, I was a bit behind getting the photos taken. She is just much much too busy to stand around and have her beautiful self photographed though. So by the time we were able to get her to stay in one place, she was worn out and just put her thumb in her mouth and sat there. Still looking cute, but with her thumb firmly stuck! We got about 5 fairly good pics out of the deal, and spent the least amount on photos I believe I have ever spent. We will try again at Christmas. After that, we bought the needed soccer gear for Sophia and Dawson for the coming fall season, ate some dinner, and headed home to again watch the Phelps Olympics.
Sunday, we lost our minds and bought our family a Wii. We have talked and talked about one. And Saturday we heard Toys R Us was getting some in Sunday morning. So after church we decided to just go see. And they had 2 left when we got there. One is now in our living room and was played for 6 hours yesterday. I will say it is a good family game system. Brandon joined us quite a bit as we played. And of course, we topped the day off with watching the Nastia/Shawn Olympics last night!
Today, my dear Jeff finally agreed to go to the doctor to see about this soreness/muscle aches, tiredness yuck that he has had since Thursday. They did chest xrays and did blood work. However, obvioulsy our town hasn't quite arrived yet because it will take 5-10 days to get the blood work back. Can it really take that long? What if something was really really wrong with him? Can we really wait 5-10 days to find out? I just am not sure I understand that. Anyway, they did give him some drugs for anything viral that might be occuring - so maybe that will help pep him up and get him back on his feet.
Okay, so my Monday ramblings are over! Not sure if I entertained anyone or not. Probably not. Just felt it my privilege to keep all my 10 readers up to date on the excitement that is our life here in the Stahly clan.

1 comment:

Wags said...

See, I don't remember ever really hating it... but now that you say that I remember you thinking I didn't like it.

Maybe there should be a blog in the works to give due credit to the giver of the name... :)