Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Stop Two-Disney - From Grace's viewpoint

Okay, obviously I can not interview my very sweet adorable 14 month old to tell you what she liked most about her time in Orlando in the land of the big mouse. I am thinking that I know her pretty well and can tell you what she enjoyed most about being without her regular schedule for 11 days. She was a trooper I can tell you that. If you have a 1 year old and are wondering if you should make the journey, I say go for it. Unless your 1 year old is cranky and unmanageable on a normal basis, then I might say no. But my go with the flow gal did amazing.
When she was tired she slept, when she was thirsty she would reach for the closest container (oh yes, my baby got Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite, anything within reach), and when there was music . . . she would dance. Oh how this child loves to get her groove on. At home she can shake it with any of the Disney or Nick theme songs - she prefers Sponge Bob and Wizards of Waverly Place. I mean this child will leave what she is doing to run to the living room to shake it to either of these shows. It is HYSTERICAL!
I digress . . .
Grace would tell you that her number one favorite thing in all the parks was It's A Small World. While that may seem cliche, let me tell you this child would perk up the second the ride started. She would dance, she would sing, she would talk to the characters . . . it was precious. She rode the ride at least 4 times . . . maybe 5. And each time it was a new discovery for her. The rest of us just sat and watched her and laughed and smiled like we hadn't ever smiled before. To get my 10 and 16 year old boys to sit on that ride two times in a row, you know it was a special time.





Grace's next favorite things would probably be the goats in Animal Kingdom. Oh yes, the goats. She loves textures, especially fur and feathers. She had no fear of these animals. She walked right up to them and started talking to them. She laid her head down on them. She even kissed one on its side (ewwww . . . I know . . . I washed her well on the way out). Grace and the goats definitely bonded.
I would have to say that Grace had a great time in the land of the mouse. She never actually saw the mouse, or had her picture with him. But she was able to enjoy all the mouse had there for her. She showed us all the magic of Disney.





No comments: