Friday, August 8, 2008

Stop Two-Disney-Brandons View



Some were shocked to hear that our 16 year old son was actually choosing to go on vacation with us. For one, who lets their 16 year old choose if he wants to go on vacation? (my parents actually but that is another story). And secondly, why would I dare leave my 16 year old home alone? Actually it was never a question. Because deep down in places that Brandon won't always admit to . . . he likes us , alot! And he wanted to go on vacation with us. And he wanted to go to the beach and Disney!

Brandon's first visit to Disney World Florida occured in 1996 when he was four. He went with his grandparents and his dad. We lived in Nebraska at the time so they flew from there. While in Florida, Brandon broke out with the chicken pox. And not just a little, a lot! In his mouth, ears, eye lids, everywhere! Since Brandon had already had the chicken pox, we weren't initially sure that was what it was. His grandma took him to the Dr in Florida to confirm. And it was. Once they did this, the Dr said Brandon would not be allowed to fly home until he cleared him. So Brandon's first trip to Disney lasted about 5 days longer than anyone intended. However, he did still get to see the mouse and have some fun. Here is a picture of cute adorable four year old Brandon, his chicken pox, Mickey Mouse, and his Grandma Carr.
I asked Brandon what his favorite part about Disney was "Tie between Rockin Roller Coaster and Everest". I actually agree with him. They both were great rides! Rockin Roller Coaster took you from 0 to 60 in like 2 seconds. And it was in the dark with black lights and crazy grafitti stuff. It was way cool. Everest was face paced and unexpected (the first time you rode it - not so much the 2nd or 3rd time).

Brandon also served as family photographer on this trip. Brandon has always like snapping photos. And usually they are scenery pictures. Which explains why we had almost 650 photos of our vacation. And 25 photos of Lights, Motor, Action. And at least 10 photos of each parks landscape. And 15 photos of the Epcot Fireworks. The boy took him some scenery pictures. I did get him in a photo with his siblings every once in awhile. And I did make him take pictures of things other than scenery - such as his siblings and the Power Rangers!

When I asked Brandon what he thought of vacation, he said "it was rushed". I agree with him again. I think I would do a 6 or 7 day park hopper to be able to do it all yet a little more relaxed. I know you can pick and choose and do it all in a few days but we really liked doing everything. And it would have been nice to have more pool time or resort time to hang out.
If you wonder if your 16 year old can still enjoy Disney . . . I think Brandon would tell you they can! And really, I only have a few years left before he is an adult and he will have his own stuff going on. I really like taking my oldest baby places with me! He is a great kid!

No comments: