Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What's Wonderful Wednesday

In reading other blogs and such, I always found it clever to have a theme day. It gives the readers something to come back for. Or at least you hope it makes them want to come back. Since Wednesday is that inevitable hump day of the week, I thought it would be great to focus on things that are wonderful on Wednesdays. This will be more for me than any reader probably as I do need reminders as the week wears on as to all that is wonderful in my life. Being the anal retentive soul I am, I have been trying to decide the perfect format for this. Should I do a Top Ten kind of thing each week? What happens on the weeks that I just can't think of ten things? Should I focus on one thing each week? What about those Wednesdays when I am feeling abundantly blessed? What about choosing different areas in my life and always finding something wonderful in that area? What if I fail to have something wonderful to share some week? Okay, I am sure you have gotten way more insight into my over active brain than you needed. So instead of trying to organize my What's Wonderful Wednesday, I have decided to free form it. Which is kind of a hard thing for someone who likes organization and expectations to do. Hopefully we will all survive, I am fairly certain we will.

On to today's WHAT'S WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY . . .

Turns out that today is a day that I search for what is wonderful. As my kids run amuck screaming, I spill a full glass of milk, and my job is crazy, what is wonderful this Wednesday? Sometimes it works to look for the good in the bad. My kids are healthy and able to run around screaming. My kids are great kids (on a fairly normal basis). I know that seems like a cop out to use a generic wonderful thing but sometimes that is what we need. Sometimes we do need to just focus on the basic wonderful blessings God provides us each day. Such things as the milk I spilled or the job that annoys me, these are blessings that God has given me. I need to be thankful for them and find the wonder in the fact that God cares about me so much that He provides these things for me daily.

Until another day,
Terri

No comments: