Friday, June 13, 2008

Here we are . . .

Welcome! I decided it was time that I take the jump into the Blog world. I have a Facebook. And I have heard that "blogging is for old people" . . . but all the same . . . I think I am going to try it out. As I was building this, I realized that as I added some of my favorite blogs to my page, I would also be admitting I have been a blog stalker for a while. I have always loved to read, so quick blog entries can be entertaining for me. Keeps me from reading all the other trash out here on the web.


Not sure of all the blog rules at this time. I have seen folks use real names, and blog names. Not sure which way to go. I have issues calling my kids the right names normally, so I can't imagine me keeping them straight if I gave them blog names. So then I would be confused, my small reading audience would be confused . . . and I might somehow one day tell you how my 16 year old son is finally potty trained when trying to refer to my now 1 year old daughter. With that said, I think it would be best for me to just stick with their names. I tried to put a picture of then over in the sidebar, but couldn't figure it out. Might be because it is 3:30am, or it might be lack of knowledge. Probably both. But I will figure it out eventually.


Here is the picture of my four blessings:




There they are . . . aren't they great? Brandon is the handsome 16 year old. Dawson is my cute 10 year old. Sophia prefers to be known as my cool 4 year old (you will understand as stories unfold). And that sweet little thing is our Grace. They keep us smiling and laughing, screaming and yelling, busy and happy . . . you get the idea . . . I wouldn't trade them for the world. God has truly blessed me with my children. So many blessings that I so do not deserve. Isn't he amazing like that?


As I close out this first blog entry, I must put in the exciting news that I received today . . . we have PIT PASSES for the October race in Atlanta. Now to some, this is not exciting . . . not even news . . . but to me . . . this is way cool . . . like rubbing elbows with celebrities cool. This will be my chance to get up close to my driver, Kasey Kahne. Yes, I do like Nascar. It is something that my husband and I have found that we enjoy together. It is 'our thing'. We both are Kasey fans - so it is not just a because he is cute kind of thing. It is because he is a good driver . . . and he is cute. So anyhoo, I will get to be in the pits at Atlanta in October. And I suppose that just might make you think I am a little bit redneck.



So, until another day . . .


Terri





5 comments:

C.J. Redwine said...

Hey cool! You have a blog now!

Love the pic.

Big Nanny said...

I found you, I found you, I found you! I'm so glad that you finally decided to be old like the rest of us and have a blog! Oh, you're going to make me type in letters before I leave a comment...please turn off the letters!!! Love the blog name.

Teresa said...

You are so BUSTED!!!

Welcome to blogland. It's nice to have you in our little family of weirdos. You will soon discover that Big Nanny is our resident blog tracker. She can find anyone, anytime.

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Welcome to this crazy blogging world! I am glad to hear you are a stalker! I love your blog name! Very, very cute! Can't wait to keep up with you too!

Kyle said...

You should use an alias!
Like, umm I don't know.....Big T?