Monday, June 23, 2008

Random Ramblings on Monday

One of my favorite shows to watch is Jon and Kate Plus 8. They crack me up and let me know that Jeff and I aren't the only ones with those "fun" conversations about who should be doing what and when. My favorite saying of Kate's is . . . I could very well lose my mind today. Somedays that is my slogan. We decided to keep Sophia home from day care part time this summer to save some cash. Dawson is home because he is much too old to attend a day care and camp got boring to him. Grace still goes to her Ms Lisa everyday. I work full time from home and am to keep a "work environment" from 8-5 each day. You can imagine the challenges that ocucr when your 4 and 9 year old are home with you. I can be on the phone with someone from work and get to share such things with them like . . . "Mom, I told you a bi-zillion times that I wanted kool aid" . . . "Mom, the dog wants out again" (this one is of course as my sweet 9 year old is sitting about 10 feet from the door) . . . and one of my favs . . . "Mom, I am ready for you to wipe my bootie" AHHHH . . . at those moments . . . I could very well lose my mind.

Our weekend was pretty busy, yet somewhat uneventful. The kids went to the park and the pool with daddy while I cleaned the house and Gracie napped. Then we went to Kung Fu Panda while Gracie spent some time with Grandma and Grandpa. Excellent movie by the way! We all laughed and laughed! Jack Black can be so funny! Sometimes when he would speak I would have the unfortunate issue of seeing images of Nacho Libre. I like him much better as a big chubby panda than a fat wanna be wrestler monk. Sunday was church, meetings, and playing outside. Grace at 1 seems to think she is able to just go where ever she wishes. She is very hard to keep track of outside, and will tell you how it is going to be when you try to reign her in. While she is my sweetie most of the time, I am starting to see the strong willed side of her that is in my other 3 children also. Momma also said she hoped that I would have a child just like me . . . what sweet revenge for her that it appears I will have four children just like me.

Last night as I was snuggling up with the girls before bedtime, Grace was showing me some of her ornery. She was laying on my left side and Sophia was kind of laying all over me. (Cuddling time isn't always pretty.) Gracie is a thumb sucker - only the left thumb though. So with her right hand she likes to play with my hair, my face, anything. Last night she was playing with Sophia's hair. And just as Sophia was about asleep, Grace grabbed a big ole handful and pulled. Sophia flew up, crying, and saying "I was almost asleep". Grace very clearly lets out this evil little 'meant-to-do-that' kind of laugh. I am definately in for many more I could lose my mind today moments with these guys. But as the song (by Trace Adkins , thx mom) says . . . you're going to miss this. And I am sure 15 or so years from now, I will miss their sweetness and unconditional love and being surrounded by their laughter, and crying, and playing, and fighting. But today, I might very well lose my mind. So, if you see me aimlessly roaming around town, remind me who I am, where I live, and point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Tonight we begin VBS at our church! This year is the first year where I haven't been a director of some sorts. This year I am going to be leading a crew of 3-5 4 year olds from one activity to another. I am pretty excited about getting to spend some fun time with Sophia and watching her do crafts, play games, and sing. I will have to let you know as the week progresses though if being a crew leader ends up being more work than being a director. The preschool kids are doing a theme of Outrigger Island, while the older kids are doing Star Wars Underwater. Dawson is very excited about VBS because his favorite band, Della Rosa, is playing each night. And of course, he is still all about the pirates and Capt. Jack Sparrow, TSC style, will be there. Our church does VBS up big and it is a lot of fun (and work). Stay tuned for funny stories of my adventures with my crew on Outrigger Island.

Until another day,
Terri

No comments: