Friday, June 27, 2008

What I Have Learned at VBS this week . . .

On Outrigger Island, we have lots of fun. This is how each of our evenings started - with crazy fun dancing and singing to Jesus. We then went to story , craft, games, and snack and then back for some more crazy fun dancing and singing with BB. And through my travels with a very cute pack of 4 year olds - I learned some incredible things :

Like there are many sneaky places a cute little boy can hide in our church . . . and think he is hilarious as Ms Terri looks for him . . . screaming his name in panic . . . imagining his mom telling me that I can't even be a crew leader at VBS . . . as he giggles and peeks out at me. And then as he appears telling us all that "I was only looking for a way out of here." Way cute that little man is!

That even though Molly might sing like Hannah Montana . . . she isn't the real Hannah Montana. Not the one that "my mommy saw at Target". (I really did have my very own Miley sighting at our SuperTarget a few weeks ago.)

In fact, none of those characters on that stage up there are real. That is really Ms Melissa up there playing a pirate, and that boy isn't a real Jack Sparrow. It is all just pretend.

That Mr Kyle sure is funny. Actually I knew this before but for a 4 year old to make the observation, I thought it made it all the more sure.

That scraping black paint off a fish shape can be the greatest fun of all. I am guessing it has something to do with either making a mess with permission or defamation of property with permission. Not sure which.

Saying Wiki-Wiki alot makes you seem rather off. Wiki-Wiki mean quickly quickly in Hawaii. However, when you are in TN in public saying Wiki Wiki or singing to your self A-Wiki Wiki, B Wiki Wiki, C Wiki Wiki . . . people look at you like you have gone mad.


That Crazy Day can be for big people too. However, even your 9 year old son doesn't want you to go into Kroger with mismatched clothes and shoes, and volunteers for the first time ever to go in alone and get the gallon of milk you need. (only his shoes don't match at this point but he deals with than better than his mom going into Kroger all crazy)






And I learned that you can have lots of fun with a group of 4 year olds, and that it is okay to not be in charge of something other than ensuring that those 4 year olds have a great time for 5 days straight and they see Jesus' love in you. God had told me where to serve this year, and I listened, really listened, and it was hard to step away, but I did it. And He rewarded me with a great week and once again, I know that He is in charge and certainly knows what is best for me. And that is what I really learned (again) at VBS.


Until another day,


Terri

No comments: