Monday, June 16, 2008

Am I toooo old?

As I continue to progress in years, I still find myself wanting to do the fun, daring things of my youth. Probably one of the reasons why I so enjoy hanging out with the youth at our church. This last Wednesday night after our service, we had the WORLDS LONGEST SLIP AND SLIDE. Now this isn't your normal run, flop on your belly, and slide down 25 feet of plastic. This was sit down on a 100 foot piece of plastic, grab hold of a ski rope, and be pulled by a four wheeler going about 30MPH down the slide. WOW . . . FUN! And what was I told? "Aren't you too old?" "You really are kind of old for this." "Big T, really?" . . . That sounded like a dare to me . . . TOO OLD? . . .. HA HA . . I say. So, I grabbed my friend, Mel, and off we went. And it was a blast! And we made You Tube doing it . . . (Thank You Big Nanny for being such the smart Blog Queen and helping me put this here!)



Now, Mel will claim that she has bruises possibly shaped like my shin on her bootie. However, I survived completely in tact and upright and walking on Thursday. Old, they say? HA, I laugh at the idea of age holding me back. I am definately of my dad's philosphy that he has lived by . . . Age is a matter of mind, if you don't mind it doesn't matter. OR I act as old as I feel. So if I want to wallow in the celebration of multiple anniversaries of my 29th birthday, I am going to feel old and will act in an old manner. But if I embrace my youth and live each day out as young as I feel, well then I have a lot more slip and slides and bungee jumping and sky diving and parasailing kind of adventures ahead of me.



Until another day,

Terri

No comments: