Sunday, May 24, 2009

Unplugged

Monday morning bright and early I leave for summer camp. Yes, old mama me is off to summer camp with the youth of TSC. I can't wait. Last year we did the Beach Week thing in Florida. This year we are heading to an actual camp on a lake in Kentucky. There is no cell service . . . no internet service . . . we will be completely unplugged. I fear that some of these young teens will be going through with drawl on Tuesday. I expect to see some air-texting because their fingers are so used to texting non-stop. My 8th grade girls today even said that texting doesn't fit into any real category - recreation, eating, family time, church time, work, etc - because you can text 24/7 - some even wake up in the night if they hear the vibrations of their phone. For some this could be the first time in a long time that they go without texting, Facebook, etc. I am sure that we will all survive and have a great time! So off I go on an unplugged adventure with some super kids!
Here is what I will be missing while I am away . . . aren't they precious? Brandon will be at camp with me - mostly avoiding me due to me embarrassing him.

No comments: