Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another Episode of Random Ramblings

Okay, so it has been a week since I last posted. I wanted to be sure you all got the low down skinny on our trip to Talladega. We are now in process of making plans for our Atlanta Race come Labor Day weekend. We are going to rent an RV and do the weekend up right with the rednecks.
I have no photos to share of the last week as my camera busted while we were at Talladega and I have yet to purchase a new one. So I have missed a week of funny moments. Such as last night when Gracie had three tee-tiny little pony tails in and looked as though she belonged to the Who family. Maybe as Gracie Lou Who?!?!? Or when Sophia was oh so sweetly reading books to Grace? Or how long Dawson's hair is getting? Or Brandon has he was around a bit last week and would wrestle around with his sisters, or how he has convinced Sophia to walk on his back every night? Yes, all pictures I will have to recapture once I purchase a new camera.
I have started a debate of sorts on my Facebook page with my latest status. What is the standard tip rate for a Sonic worker? I googled this and there appears to be much confusion on the issue and more than just I that wonder this. The question of many is if the Sonic wait staff makes minimum wage or not? If they make min wage, then the extra change or $1 or 2 seems appropriate for their troubles of bringing you their food. I mean they do brave the elements and all to bring us the delicous goodness that is Sonic. And if you do stay there and chose to destroy your car, they will ask you if you are okay, if you need ketchup or salt, and if you need refills. I can definately see giving them a bit extra. But consider if each car gave them $1 and they delivered to 25 cars in an hour . . . they are making over $30 an hour now at Sonic. However, if they are not making min wage and depend on our tips . . . then we should probably go with the percent type standard. But what is that percentage when you are not seated at a table and they are not taking your order , getting it right, and bringing you your food? We are up to 18-20% in sit down resteraunts as a standard I believe. So does that now make Sonic a 15% tip? Ah, the things I can consume my brain time with. I am sure there are much more important things to debate . . . but none as fun as the Sonic Tip Debate 09.
Sophia has been up to her usual thinking habits lately. Her latest favorite subjects are God and if he is magic and Wedding Proposals. Her and Dawson talked Jeff into circles last week with saying God was magic to do all that he does. And while magic isn't exactly the word we would want to use . . . I suppose from their perspective it is all pretty magical how God can do all that He has and continues to do. Sophia is also wondering at what age you can ask someone to marry you, why the boy has to ask, why I said yes when Daddy proposed, etc. To the last question, I said, "because I loved him." Her response . . . "hmm, well, why didn't you just say Nah I will wait for someone else to ask me?" Oh the poor blessed man that snags her heart is in for a ride.
We are gearing up for the end of school so we have a busy month ahead. Sophia will graduate from Pre-K. Dawson will graduate from 5th grade. I am all for celebrations and such - but I also tend to lean towards the celebrating smaller milestones make the large ones seem less significant. I am also of the belief that if it is a game you are playing, you should be keeping score and there is always a winner and a loser. Ah, another debate I am sure. Anywhoooo . . . so we will be attending some grad ceremonies in the next few weeks. We will attend grad parties for those seniors that we love. We have two weeks of soccer left. We have field day at Dawson's school. Dawson has two field trips. Brandon will be having finals. Right after school gets out, Brandon and I will head to youth camp, and then after that Dawson will head to Cross Camp and Brandon will be off to Mazatlan for a mission trip. (breathe) Somewhere in there Jeff might be going to India for a week or two with work, but will be installing his huge project at the end of May. Oh, and Grace, well as always poor thing gets to be along for the ride looking just as cute and adorable (and ornery) as ever.
And there you have it . . . another fine blog of random ramblings with a couple debates included.

No comments: