Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring will be coming

Okay, even though in our little spot in the world, spring has come for a day or two and left again to bring us some late winter . . . spring will be coming. And with that means spring clothes need to be brought out. I had tubs and tubs full of clothes from Sophia as well as those others had given me after I found out I was having Grace. I decided I need to go through those and pull out what would fit Gracie this spring, get them washed up, and figure out what I needed to buy for her for the season. The journey through the tubs made me remember that sweet Sophia was a 2T for two springs, and was a 2T on the bottom for an additional year. As I ventured through the tubs I just kept finding 2t's - which is what Gracie will be wearing soon. I have washed and folded all the clothes I pulled out and currently Gracie could probably wear something different every day from now until June or July. Insane! A blessing and a bummer . . . blessed to be able to not have to buy her clothes until fall again . .. bummer because we all know I love some retail therapy! When you see Gracie this spring and summer you might see her sporting some of my favs from the Sophia toddler years . . . you know the time when she would wear what I told her to. Sophia informed me the other day that Gracie will only wear these girlie clothes for a bit longer because "once she sees how girlie they are and can tell you she doesn't like them, she will".
(notice the bows even . . . oh yes, once upon a time, Sophia loved bows too. Until she could tell me she didn't like them anymore . . .)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah--the fun of spring cleaning out of closets--and of having kids try on clothes to see how much I have to spend this season! Thank God for hand-me-downs!