Monday, March 23, 2009

A new family pet???

This weekend we celebrated Grandma Stahly's birthday by heading north to Opry Mills to the Aquarium. (my camera played dead during the trip so I have to wait for Jody for pics) Anyhow, the Aquarium is a restaurant around an . . . ready for this . . . aquarium. In the big tank are sharks, fish, and stingrays. There was also a huge green eel. We had a great time eating pretty decent food while watching the antics of the marine activity. The kids loved to walk around the tank and watch all the activity. After lunch, we went across the hall to Stingray Reef. A parent-trap where you can pet and feed stingrays, as well as ride a carousel. Grace rode the carousel about 8 times and was still very upset when we left.
My favorite part was feeding the stingrays. It was awesome!!! You feed them cold shrimp that you put between your fingers on your fist. The stingray then slides up the wall to your hand and takes it out of your fist. You can feel his little teeth on your fist. We could then watch through the glass walls as the stingray chewed up his snack. It was so cool! They would then climb up the wall to you and let you stroke what would be their head. They are such neat creatures. So . . . I decided I need one for a pet. My in-laws have a pool so I figure I can keep him(or her) over there and have a friend to swim with. I just think it would be so super cool.
Oh and I think the kids had a good time with the stingrays too . . . and if they didn't . . . oh well!

No comments: