Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Two Smart Cookies

We found these shirts at Old Navy on Saturday. And as I looked at them I couldn't decide which of my two daughters this described more. They are both truly "1 Smart Cookie". Sophia is so inquisitive, always asking the thought provoking questions. These questions range from "How fast does a horse go?" to "Why doesn't God just speak out loud to me anyway?" to "When I am 10, how old will the rest of the family be?". Every moment is a different question and we are always amazed at which way her mind will go next. Gracie is the 1 Smart Cookie in the way of using her "Oh-so-sweet-I'm-the-baby-gotta-love-me" look to get her ANYTHING she wants from ANYONE. But at the same she is smart enough to know what we are saying and do the exact opposite. The other day she had walked out into the street. I went and brought her back on to the driveway and told her to stay on the driveway, no street. She took one look at me, turned on her heel, walked to the end of the driveway, took the second look at me, and took one very small step onto the street and SMILED, BIG HUGE SMILE! Those are my smart cookies, aren't they cute too?
Update on Smart Cookie Grace: Her babysitter, Ms Lisa, just called me to say that Gracie walked up to her with a diaper and a wipe and layed down on the floor with her legs up. Yikes! I guess little Miss Thing didn't like what was going on down there.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is the cutest pic!! I think Carter has a secret crush on Sophia...he got his sneaky face on just looking at that picture!