Friday, October 17, 2008

The Kiss Saga goes on . ..

So, I took those candy corn Kisses to the youth at our church Wednesday night and got mixed reviews. They all agree they are way too sweet to have more than one. My daughter Sophia and neighbor friend Rachel however loved them, and couldn't get enough of them. Rachel went home with a handful, a big handful.
I also had another local chocolate expert (and blog world celebrity) try them out . . . I give you Big Nanny and her reaction to the Candy Corn Kisses . . .

As you can see, Big Nanny agrees with me! :-)

Now on to the Pumpkin Spice Kisses. I bought a bag of them while visiting the Boro last night. They were actually on sale at Target so I only had to pay $2 to test them out. Needless to say, these Kisses will also not be being purchased again. It was basically really sweet pumpkin pie filling. I suppose there was white chocolate involved somewhere, but I couldn't get past the sweet sweet pie filling taste. Sorry Hershey's, for this chocolate lover you struck out on these two new flavors for Fall. Don't worry though I made sure to buy me a bag of miniatures to be sure true yummy chocolate was back in my life. (Big Nanny, if you haven't tried the Pumpkin Spice Kiss, I'll bring you one on Sunday.)

Until the next wave of Kiss flavors hits the stores, I am done experimenting with my chocolate. I am sticking to the basics.

2 comments:

Big Nanny said...

Lovely picture, lovely picture indeed;) You'll have to give me the pumpkin kiss because I would never make a $2 investment for a chocolate/vegetable mix.

Alicia (dna) said...

Have you tried the cherry ones? They are my favorite.