Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What has Sophia been saying?

Our Sophia is a lover of big words and deep conversations. She loves to think and talk about her thoughts. Here are just a few things we have discussed lately:

"I am never going to get married, because if I do then you die." This was said to me when I asked her if she was going to marry a boy in her class. After discussion, she believes that once she gets married and moves out, Jeff and I will die. I tried to explain that her grandparents were our parents at one time. She said that they are grandparents not parents. We will have to revisit this topic at a later time as she was not changing her mind.

"You are so addicted to my jacket." Say what? This exclamation was followed by the explanation that I was "addicted" to her jacket because I am always saying "Sophia put your jacket on", "Sophia where is your jacket?", "Sophia lets get your jacket on." I guess since I like her to be warm I have now become addicted to her jacket.
"My life is so complicated. You could never love me all the way." This statement makes me sad to think that somewhere in her mind she might think this is true. But taking in at the time it was said, I think she was just being dramatic. She was very tired. And had been being kind of sassy. And out of the chaos came this statement.
"At what age do I get to become a baby again? Like when you turn 80 or something do you get to be a baby again?" This was just a random conversation starter one day on the way home from school.
"Guess what? Mrs Manners turns out to be Mr Manners. Ms Beerman looked under its tail." Mrs Manners is the rat at school.
"Why do you have to be so frustrating?" This is a favorite lately as any of her family members make her angry in anyway.
And there you have it, the latest from the mouth of my sweet crazy adorable five year old - who by the way I do love ALL THE WAY!!!

No comments: