Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blessed!

My favorite time of day is currently right before I go to bed. On my way to my room, I take my motherly rounds to each childs room. Of course the objective is to ensure they are asleep and covered and all is well. But my absolute favorite part is to just stand there and take it all in. The way they look, sound and even smell.
Our girls are currently sharing a bed in their room. Grace decided she didn't like her crib any longer but sleeps great next to big sister. They are almost always cuddled up next to each other. And quite often Grace is twirling Sophia's hair in her sleep while Sophia has a protective arm around her little sister. They often are breathing in unison. It just warms me up when I can stand and look at them like that.
Dawson sleeps spread out on his bed. Usually does not have covers on. I will cover him up when I go in to check on him and he will grab the blanket and pull it up under his chin. Brandon wraps himself like a burrito in his blankets before he goes to sleep. But even getting that glimpse of my baby boy before I go to bed is something I treasure. It does make me a bit sad at times knowing that my time with him is almost up - soon he will be off to college and becoming an adult. But for now I can go in and gaze upon him as he sleeps.
In those final moments of my day, I thank God for each of my blessings and how each of them has a unique story and I pray that each of them will grow to know Him and to use their life stories to be a testimony for Him. Sorry to go all mushy on you today, but I am just so thankful for my family today and for how God continues to provide for us in all ways when there is so much going on in this crazy world. Don't forget to reflect on all your blessings today!

1 comment:

Big Nanny said...

stop it! you're making me sad. I've only got one room to go check on. Love that Sophia & Grace sleep together...too cute.