Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Spring Hill PD just left my house!

I was really hoping to never have the PD visit my house, never ever in fact. However, did you know that it is against Spring Hill city ordinances to shoot off fireworks except on July 4 from noon to 11pm? Well, it is. As my son and his friend Joshua just learned as they had a visit from the Spring Hill PD. They had been shooting off firecrackers and bottle rockets for about 3 hours when Mr Policeman showed up in our backyard. Said one of the neighbors phoned us in for disturbing their peace. You should have seen the boys' faces. Dawson said he was scared they were going to send him to juvi. Where did my son even hear about going to juvi? And furthermore, why didn't my "neighbor" just come ask me to stop shooting off the firecrackers as opposed to calling in the PD? I suppose 3 hours of bang-bang-bang was probably excessive but they were having some good boy fun blowing stuff up. They only started one small fire - which got about 3 feet high before I was able to put it out. These are the good times that summer memories are made of. Now, not only do they have the memories of all the things they blew up, they have the memory of being busted by the PD. And I have a good story to tell about how their eyes were huge with fear, and they feared juvi for that moment. Ah . . . good times!

No comments: