Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ms Manners they are not . . .

We try to raise our children in a healthy environment where manners are encouraged . . . however it seems we are not doing so well. Here is what is coming out of our younger two.While preparing supper, Jeff arrives home and gives Terri a sweet hello kiss. Dawson and Gracie both go 'ooooohhhh'. Sophia says "No, you guys need to kiss more, like longer, like get it on!". Really? This is what I have taught my 6 year old? Yikes!
Gracie sat Jeff and I down the other night to explain the rules to us. "You say Bless You when someone sneezes, you say Are you Okay when they cough. You say Excuse Me when you burp. And you say Good One when you toot!" She had me right up until Good One. Yikes again!
So I am just saying if manners is what you want for your kids, I would not be sending them over our way. We are not doing so hot in that department obviously!

No comments: