Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Day of School . . . for two anyway

Today Dawson starts 7th grade and Sophia starts 1st grade. Brandon will leave for college on Aug 25. Gracie will start full time preschool on Monday. It is fall, and it is time for routine again! Woo hoo! I know there are many who are sad today as their babies are going back to school. And I do get that, and understand it. But I am one of those mommies that likes their peaceful days and the schedule that comes along with school. I work from home and am to keep 'business hours and environment'. Very hard to do with four kids around with no real schedule. My sweet friend Pookie helped me out this summer and took our kiddos out and about a few times each week. So at least their summer was not spent inside or just outside of our house. They got to go swimming, bowling, movie watching, bouncing, and such! I think they had a pretty good summer over all!
Just to note in case you see me after the 25th, I imagine I will shed a few tears over my big boy moving 4-5 hours away from me. And making that big huge step into adult hood as he goes to college. But he has been nice enough to break me in over the summer by NEVER BEING HOME anyway. So the only thing I can really miss is his big shoes laying around, his dirty laundry, his dirty dishes, and his dirty bathroom. :-)
And here they are . . . the official first day of school photos for the two middle kiddos . . .

No comments: