Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School . . . College . . . for our First Born

Today is THE day! Brandon started classes at East Tennessee State University today! And so far he has attended them too! :-)
Jeff and I along with the other local families moved our kiddos up there last Wednesday and Thursday. They participated in "Preview" Fri-Sun to give them the feel of the college. Sounds like they had a good time.
The popular question to ask of course is . . . did I cry? Actually, no. I had moments before we moved him where I would get a little teary. But on Thursday when we left ETSU campus and he stayed, I really just felt at peace. I know he is protected by a God who loves him. And I know he is a smart kid who has for years made smart decisions, and therefore I know he is going to do great things at college. Will I miss him? Oh yes I will. But how can I not be excited for all that God has in store for him? I am sure there will be times now and then where a few tears might fall as I think of how things are now forever different for my family, but I pray that I hold on to the peace and joy that I have for him right now.
It was kind of cute the other day Sophia who just started first grade said . . . "so I will be in fifth grade before I see Brandon again?" We had told the other kids that Brandon was going to college and it took four years. So when we said that Brandon was at college now, Sophia just assumed she would not see him for four years.
Here are some moments we captured on camera over the days . . .
Gracie and "her" Keegan
She believes they are getting married one day!

Brandon and his sibs before he left Wednesday.

Brandon and Keegan in THEIR new dorm room!

Really, GOOD BYE PARENTS . . . this was followed by the shutting of the door
and loud whoops from the boys as we left!

ETSU Sibs

No comments: