Tuesday, November 30, 2010

From the mouth of the diva

( insert photo of Grace with eye roll, hand on hip, and total whatever duh Mom expression on her face)

No, I did not forget to insert the picture . . . I am not allowed to take pictures of Grace. My three year old is a diva! I thought I wanted a girlie-girl, I really did. Now??? Not so sure I will survive. I think I have mentioned that Grace has two styles of dress : Pretty and Awesome. Pretty is tights,flats,skirt/dress, bows, sparkle, glitter, SHINE! Awesome is jeans and tennis shoes with accessories. Today she decided to be awesome.

It started with a Barbie sweatshirt where Barbie is a ballerina and her skirt is a bit of tulle. Then the jeans . . . she had to lay all her jeans out to pick just the right pair.

Then the socks (did I mention that she had a sock thing for about 6 months and would buy a pair of $1 socks every time we walked into Target, so we have ALOT of socks). The pink Sleeping Beauty ones won today.

Then on to the shoes. "No not pretty shoes Mom, awesome shoes!" (DUH!). That would be the Tinkerbell pink tennis shoes that light up.

Now for accessories. This is where I was getting exhausted and she was pulling out belts and hats. To which as she found the perfect ones, I heard "BAM!" I said "what was that about?" . . . "I am ready to get dressed now" . . . "Good about time" . . . and what response did I get . . . "Stop being so sassy at me Mom!".

So once we were properly assembled, I asked if I could take her awesome picture to show Daddy how pretty she looked . . . "Mom I am awesome today not pretty!" . . . but I want to take your picture . . . and you get the eye roll, hand on hip, DUH photo I described above that was never actually taken with a camera in this house.

I will survive . . . I will survive . . . I will survive . . . God blessed me with my girlie girl . . . now I need the . . . dare I say it . . . patience to endure!

No comments: