Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Faith, Hope, and Believing

In February, Jeff found out he was no longer going to have a job at the end of the month. Wow! "IT" was striking our family now. We had been watching and praying and reaching out to our friends and family that have lost jobs, but now it was going to be our turn. How would we handle it? Would we handle it with the hope, faith, joy, and peace that we have seen so many of our friends handle it with? We are sure trying! March has brought applications, phone conversations, and interviews but not the job God has in store for Jeff. Yet God continues to provide!
The biggest irony in this is that I still have my job. Why is that irony you might ask? For the last two years, my job has been on the verge of being eliminated due to one thing or another. The summer of 2008 I spent training my replacements and was told I would be done that September. I was ready to go, ready to move on . . . yet God had other plans. In 2009, it was said that by year end all remotes would be gone. I kept getting dates of my departure off and on. But December 31,2009 came and God had other plans. I still remain as a remote employee for my company that I have been at since 1999. I believe God has protected my job for such a time as this. For two years, I joked about when I would get fired, and what I was going to do, and now here I am thanking God that I have a job that will provide for us during this time.
So as we continue to have faith, hope and believe in what God is doing with our family - it is still nice to have visual reminders from Him. Reminding us who He is!
Last Thursday as we had a night off due to the rain - we sat at our kitchen table eating dinner and was able to catch this full double rainbow right in our backyard. Yep, God we get it! You are still here . . . before the storm, in the storm, and after the storm!
And if a beautiful double rainbow isn't enough to remind us . . . I can be certain that I am a princess of the King and I have the attitude to go with it!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Nate also is job searching--he left his firm in mid-March and is hoping to find something soon! We'll keep praying!