Monday, January 25, 2010

Boys Turns 18, Mom has mid-life crisis???

As you know, Brandon turned 18 a little over a week ago. Probably since his 16th birthday, he has talked about a tattoo. He would draw tattoos and talk about when he would get his tattoo. We all thought it was a phase and he would forget about it. But he didn't. Instead as the 18th birthday grew closer, he was more sure about his decision to get a tattoo. Brandon is a very mature teenager. He has a good head on his shoulder and thinks things through. We have been blessed abundantly by our first child and teenager. We can only pray we do as well with the other three and we don't somehow completely mess them up. :-)
Anyway . . . so Brandon did the research as to where he could have the tattoo placed since he plans to go into Criminal Justice and might someday want to work under cover. Although his mother would just prefer he stay in the nice safe lab and look at blood and fingernail clippings for evidence.
And again . . . anyway . . . so being that Brandon is who he is . . . we decided it would be fine for him to get a tattoo following his 18th birthday. The idea of my oldest son getting a tattoo got me to thinking about how since I was about 21 I have wanted one. And how each time I had thought I would do it, I didn't for whatever reason. I remember my first idea was Mickey Mouse on my hip area. Had I done that when I was 21 . . . YIKES . . .who knows what sad shape Mickey would be in now. That would be one distorted looking mouse.
Anyway . . . so with Brandon going to get his tattoo, I thought what greater bonding time for a mother and son then for them to get tat's together. So Saturday off we went . . . my level headed 18 year old son and his crazy middle aged mom . . . to get our tattoos.
Brandon had originally designed his tattoo, and then found one online that was very similar and went with that one. I knew I wanted something that would represent my four children. I had tossed around getting a four leaf clover, but then online I found the cutest one with ladybugs, and decided on that one.
The experience overall was very positive. Did it hurt? Oh yes, it hurt! The main thing you have to remember to do is breathe . . . which I tended to forget and ended up with a KILLER headache afterwards. Right now, it just kind of feels like a really bad sunburn. Which for Brandon and I with our very fair skin we are totally used to that pain so it really isn't much to bear.
Enjoy the pics . . . and beware because who knows what sort of nonsense this mom will pull when her baby graduates in May, then leaves for college in August. Never can tell what might happen!

Brandon ready to go . . . My chubby little leg being worked on . . .
Brandon getting worked on . . .
Brad and Tai looking at Brandon's master piece. . .
Brandon's final product. . .
Mama's final product . . .

No comments: