Friday, August 7, 2009

All About Me Week

Wednesday I celebrated an anniversary of my 29th birthday. However, since occasionally I like to make things all about me, I decided that the last week has basically been my birthday celebration. And as I look back, man, do I know how to celebrate my anniversary!
Last Thursday, the hubby and I joined up with some of our 'rowdy friends' to listen to Billy Reasons and check out some NASCAR haulers at the Wildhorse in downtown Nashville.(see Mel's Karaoke Confessions for full pics and details). We had a great time of acting like crazed fans of both Billy and Nascar. The night ended with the six of us having full pit and garage passes to the Truck Race on Saturday.
Saturday was a day of fun at the race track. Yes, I am a crazed redneck NASCAR lovin' girl! The six of us spent the day walking around the pits and the garages of the track. In my mind, my pass said "Do whatever you want!". We had great fun hanging out with Stacy Compton, Tom Buzze, and the entire #60 truck crew. They were a blast! The highlight of my day came when the rear tire changer put "the gun" in my hands right before the race and let me make THE NOISE. My favorite Nascar noise is the sound of the guns when the tire changers are warming them up right before pit stops. I am told I do a pretty good impression of the noise. I was kind of weary on asking if I could touch "the gun". The tire changer was really taking care of it - cleaning it up and getting it all prepped for the race. My friend Bob went and asked him if I could hold the gun, and he said YES! So here I am holding the gun . . . after the picture was taken I was able to pull the trigger and OH MY did that thing have some power. I'm just saying! (no comments on how strange I am to be so excited about the gun . .. really I already know it is strange but it is SO COOL). Jeff and I in front of Stacy Compton's truck before the race. Red Leader and Team Black with Billy (and the Billy sticker) . . . this is our famous person picture of the day . . . start requesting Crank the Hank by Billy Reasons on your fav country radio station soon! A fun picture of Billy (and the Billy sticker) . . .
Let's see, so then Sunday, we had a class picnic with our Connect Group at church. It really was about spending some time with some friends . . . but I can pretend it was all about me. Here is my girls enjoying their time at my . . . er . . . I mean the class picnic.

Monday and Tuesday were just the same ole same ole pretty much. Work and hanging out with the hubby and kids. My sweet friend Lynn had surgery on Tuesday and it was successful! A big Praise God there as she is home resting and relaxing from that now!

Wednesday was the ACTUAL anniversary day! I went through my normal daily routine pretty much. I went and visited Lynn in the hospital at lunch. I went to WNL at church with MY youth that night. And a few of my sweet girls surprised me with flowers, balloons, and a big poster. And then a loud Happy Birthday song to me from the whole gang. Who says teenagers aren't the best? I love me some teenagers! This is Bekah (and the back of Peyton's head) . . . she was one of the angels! And this is me and Britney (or Mitney as Gracie calls her). They are some of the most amazing and loving girls ever. Actually I am pretty well surrounded by great teens every WNL. Don't underestimate the power of todays youth! They are awesome!


After WNL, Jeff and the girls surprised me with a mint chocolate pie and some gifts. The girls got me a really cute card that Sophia filled in with why I was so great, and Jeff got me a beautiful necklace! I am a blessed woman! (side note: the boys are in NE with grandparents so they are not being rude - they just haven't been around for two weeks! But they come back tonight!!! YAY!)

Thursday night (because what is a party week without after parties) . . . my in-laws came over for dinner and cake. They brought me my first ever cake with my picture on it. Of course Sophia wants desperately to eat my face. Hmmm . . . not sure about that.

I also scored me my favorite strawberry cake from Becky. YUMMO! So now my house is full of sweet eats! Nothing like celebrating my birthday anniversary by gaining some pounds with my year! Hee hee!
And now I am off to enjoy a lunch with the sustahood (minus Lynn who is still in recovery at home)! We will be dining on some Olive Garden breadsticks, soup and salad . . . but mostly bread!
And then tonight my final present to end my week of celebration will be seeing my sweet boys get off that plane! Woo hoo! I will have my family back! (and don't tell Dawson but his homecoming celebration includes a homecoming haircut!)

No comments: