Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Brandon's Home and Sophia Conversations - PG Rating

*** First off . . . be warned as we progress through this post it might not be appropriate for younger folks. There might be life spoilers contained below or even a bad word. You have been warned. ***
Brandon made it home to us on Monday after a brief delay in the TX airport after customs taking a bit longer than expected. He had an amazing, awesome, great, wow trip. He has actually talked quite a bit about it, and has even talked about a possible return in October but for sure wants to go back next summer. He says he really feels his heart is there to serve the people of Mexico. Wow! Not sure that is what I would have said the summer before my senior year. This is a picture of his art work on a basketball court in a village - he painted John 3:16 in Spanish.

Now . . . for some Sophia conversation bits . . . remember you were warned . . . if you have been a reader for any amount of time you recall that our sweet 5 year old daughter Sophia is a very deep thinker. She knows stuff, and wants to always know more. So here you go . . .

Riding in car with Dawson, Grace, and I . . . "I would really like to die." (say what?) "I want to know what it is like to die. I could die, go see Jesus, and then come back." (okay?!?!) " I also wonder if you die with your eyes open, can I see everybody that is around me?"

Conversation about hell . . . "Hell is a bad word. But it is not a bad word if you are talking about the actual place Hell. Like if you say the devil lives in Hell it is okay to say hell, because he really does live there. But if you just say hell to say it, then it is bad." (I told you bad language!)

During a conversation with her friend today they started talking about elves. I was working in the other room and couldn't really hear until Sophia shouted, "Mom, are elves real?", Me "what Sophia? No elves are not real." Sophia to friend (who is only 6) "See I told you elves are not real, they can't be real because Santa isn't real." Me "Sophia Faith get in here right now!" . . . "Yes, Mom?" "Sophia how many times have we told you NOT to tell your friends that Santa is not real?" "Well, he isn't." "I know sister but we have asked you not to tell your friends that." "But mom he isn't real." "Yes, dear, I know this but don't tell your friends." "Mom, I am just saying he isn't real because he isn't." "Sophia, I agree with you but we are not to discuss it with our friends, OK? Got it?" "Yes, Mom. I won't tell my friends . . . but Mom, he isn't real."

And there you go, no need to any longer wonder why I must color my hair.

No comments: