Monday, April 20, 2009

Pitiful Blogger

It appears I have become a once a week blogger. Yikes! As much as I love to talk and love to write, who would have thought I would have stayed away so long? Actually, Jeff and I figured out that we had sick kids or Spring Break kids home with me for three weeks straight until Thursday. All four kids have now successfully completed their allowed once a year sickness. (like that will happen) Everyone appears to be 100% now . . .okay maybe not . . . Gracie is having some allergy issues due to wanting to live outside even when all the mowers in the neighborhood are going. But a little Benadryl and the firecracker is back in action.
Let me see . .. what are the highlights of the last week . . . ah, Monday, I entered Throwdown territory and made this . . .

The picture probably doesn't do it any justice . . . but what you see here are Shrimp and Grits. Oh yes, I have become southern. :-) We had seen this on Bobby Flay a couple times and Jeff and I both wanted to give it a try. So we used a combo of Bobby Flay's recipe and the challengers recipe and made a YUMMY creation. The grits had cheese and whipping cream. The shrimp . . . oh yes, it was cooked in bacon fat. And that 'gravy' substance you see around the edge of the bowl . . . bacon drippings. But when you put a bite into your mouth and you don't want to swallow for fear of losing the taste in your mouth . . .you know you have made you some GOOOOOOD food. I don't often think I am a good cook . . . but that night . . . I was puffed up proud of my dinner!!

After starting the week off with such flair, the rest was pretty typical. Soccer practice and soccer games. Hanging with the youth at WNL. Softball season has kicked off and my team won on Thursday night. I am playing this year with a group of gals from about 5 different churches. We are a fun group and I love playing with them.

This week is pretty busy. Tonight I get to join my gals for some BUNCO and food! MMMMM! Then we got soccer, WNL, softball, and more soccer. But this Sunday, Jeff and I will be journeying with our NASCAR buddies to Talladega for the race. We decided that Atlanta is our fall race, but we needed to add a spring race . . . so watch out Jeff and Kasey . . . Mel and I will be there this Sunday. And we are going to be sporting some new tanks . . . with no be-dazzling . .. yet . . . maybe . .. we will see how redneck we want to be!

On a serious note, through a series of blog surfing, I came across the story of Stellan. This little baby boy will be undergoing heart surgery tomorrow. You can visit his mom's blog at My Charming Kids to see his story. But please be lifting Stellan and his family up in your prayers.

No comments: